Learn 3D animation the easy way with this complete step-by-step guide
Blender For Dummies is the quick and easy guide to learning 3D modeling and animation using the popular, free, open source Blender software. You\’ll learn how to create models, animate movement, and render well-lit scenes as you master the powerful features that rival the more expensive professional animation software. This third edition is updated to cover the latest features added in Blender, including digital sculpting with dynamic topology, rendering with the incredibly powerful Cycles renderer, and more advanced simulation tools. You’ll learn the shortcuts and tricks that make creating animation a reality for anyone at any level. The companion web site provides access to additional tutorials that give you the confidence you need to start animating quickly. This useful guide blends the functionality of a reference with the hands-on learning that develops your skills and understanding in a flash.
- Create 3D objects with meshes, curves, and surfaces
- Add color, texture, shades, reflections, and transparencies
- Set your models in motion with animation and rigging
- Create expert-level scenes with lighting and camera placementIf you want to learn 3D animation, but don\’t want to spend thousands of dollars getting started, Blender is just the solution you need. Blender For Dummies is the ultimate learning companion.
For this book half of the sales price goes to Blender Institute, to support Blender projects!
By renowned Blender artist and teacher Jason van Gumster, Handturkey Studios
- Paperback, 528 pages
- Published by Wiley, sold and delivered by the blender.org e-shop